[rules-users] Shared Facts across nodes

Stephen Masters stephen.masters at me.com
Tue Apr 9 08:33:48 EDT 2013

Not as a realtime working memory. And don't even think about persisting these things to a database if you're trying to process high volumes of events with minimal latency. I'm assuming that you're trying to process high volumes of events, and you're experiencing performance problems, because otherwise you wouldn't be asking about how to break your application up across multiple servers, right?

I'm pretty sure you're going down the wrong track, trying to think of a way in which you could achieve a single working memory across multiple servers. Start thinking about how to use message queues to do this. Design multiple CEP nodes publishing events to queues and other nodes listening for those events. That's a model that is well proven in thousands of CEP implementations.

Steve