[rules-users] General doubts about Drools capacity and tools

Davide Sottara dsotty at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 06:03:18 EDT 2013

I'd tentatively say yes, even if many of the functionalities could
be improved :) Could you be a bit more specific in some of the
aspects? See my comments inline:

Best
Davide

On 04/09/2013 06:27 PM, Alan wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I have to do my final work to graduate at collage and I have some doubts
> that I need  to make clear about Drools before going on deep on it.
> So, the project will have 3 main topics:
>
> -Basic CRUD(maintenance) of rules
Guvnor is the Drools BRMS. Please see the documentation there
http://docs.jboss.org/drools/release/5.5.0.Final/drools-guvnor-docs/html_single/index.html

-Inference of data to those rules

What do you mean exactly by "inference of data"? The options to
deliver/extract facts into/from a running session? Or the reasoning
capabilities of the engine? (deductive, hybrid chaining, etc..)

 -Filtering processed data based on statistical rules

Please provide a better definition of "statistical rule". Do you expect
Drools to apply some probabilistic reasoning, or would you pre-filter
the data are supposed to be delivered?

I would like to know if Drools and it extensions projects can handle those
topics?

> Also I had planned to develop my interface and other middle parts on .NET
> based solutions such as C# as MVC.
You would have to provide some kind of bridge, see the manual
on drools integration
http://docs.jboss.org/drools/release/5.5.0.Final/droolsjbpm-integration-docs/html_single/index.html