[rules-users] drools queries: strange dependency

Davide Sottara dsotty at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 15:26:36 EDT 2013

Ontology Reasoners and Rule Engines are quite different, can be
integrated under some assumptions,
but are definitely not easily interchangeable.. (unique name assumption,
closed world assumption, etc..)
Which one is better pretty much depends on the use case, which also
dictates the required level of
expressiveness of the language - even Fact++, Hermit and Pellet do not
support full FOL...

This said, your case seems very interesting.. would you mind sharing a
few more details or a concrete example?
We would then be able to assess whether Drools is appropriate or not,
and which constructs could be
used (e.g. traits, hybrid chaining queries, tms, ...) to tackle the
complexity.

Or maybe we could take it as a use case to improve the engine capbilities :)

Best
Davide