[rules-users] Upgrading/Migrating from Guvnor 5.0.0 to 5.5.0

sage.sam dhibbs at prodagio.com
Thu Apr 11 17:13:32 EDT 2013

We've been running drools-guvnor on JBoss EAP 5 for quite some time now.
Today I downloaded and installed JBoss EAP 6.1 and drools-guvnor 5.5.  I got
both started without any real problems; so far so good.

My next step was to see if I could migrate everything from the guvnor 5.0
repository to the 5.5 repository. I used the admin export tool, saved the
export, imported into guvnor 5.5 -- all cleanly:  no errors of any kind.
The screen refreshed... and less than half of my packages are present!

On a whim, I tried to create a new package, one with the same name as one of
my missing packages.  Knowing package names need to be unique, I wondered if
this might jog its memory.  It failed to let me create the package, logging
an exception:

RulesRepositoryException: A module name must be unique

So it would appear that my package exists somewhere in the repository, but I
can't see it. In fact, I can search for functions and rules that exist in
that package, open them, and save changes.  But the package still doesn't
appear.

Anyone have any ideas on what went wrong or how to fix it?