[rules-users] Fusion: Null pointer exception when using sliding windows

burmanator alexburman at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 11:59:41 EDT 2013

I am getting a null pointer exception when I try and use a sliding window.

The rule I'm trying to run is:

$primary : Foo($name : Name) over window length(24)

$prev : ArrayList(size<1) from collect ( Foo(Name == $name, this before
$primary))

I am trying to look at the last 24 Foo events and have the rule only trigger
when an event with that name hasn't been seen before. I also get a null
pointer when I try and do a time window and no Foo events happen within the
window. Shouldn't the rule just not fire?