[rules-users] Drools 5.4: How to use functions and clauses

vr veneet at aol.in
Thu Apr 25 10:06:01 EDT 2013

Hi All,

  I am new to Drools and the RE concept and I have the following Rule
defined in my *.drl* file in Eclipse.

*Requirement:*
      I want to be able to fetch the Alert List from the Alert Object
     and if the alert source attribute is the same i want to combine
multiple alerts present in the List
     stated below into a single Unique alert  based on some checks

rule "Correlate"
    when
        $alert : Alert()
        $list : Alert ( sourceName=="NETWORK NAME") from $alert.alerts
///alerts is a ArrayList of Alert Objects/
        then
           checkForMoreStuff($list);   /// I passes each alert to the
function or something not sure...?/ end

function void checkForMoreStuff(Alert alert) {  // Not sure if this is
required  }