[rules-users] Maintain assets synchronized between members of a team

ciberg2 joaoguerra72 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 11:35:53 EDT 2013

Hi,

My Drools project is going well and now it's time for some people starting
creating and deploying new Excel decision tables onto the repository.

For that we are using the Eclipse plugin, I've created a general project
that replicates the package structure so everyone can start deploying these
new tables.

My problem is maintaining all the projects in each team member computer
synchronized. Using Eclipse Tools I can commit and update existing assets
but I've not found a way to get all the new assets not existing in the local
computer.

The only way is getting resources from repository but that has to be done
one by one which is not an ideal way to do it because there will be many,
and to add to the problem doing that the downloaded excel files lose all
formatting and become corrupted.

I thought of using GIT to synch all the files but it seems silly to have to
put the files in a new repository when I already have them in one (Guvnor).

What do you think will be the best way to guarantee that all team members
have the same versions of the assests on their local computers?