[rules-users] Getting Started with an simple sample

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 06:46:04 EDT 2013

Keeping track of external entities in Working Memory is possible but
you'll have to provide a safe restart mechanism.

Let's say you have events Reading( String detName, int value) and
Marker( String detName ), your rules would be

rule "above threshold"
when
   Reading( $d: detName, $v: value > 5 )
   not Marker( detName == $d )
then
   // create file
   insert new Marker( $d );
end

To be restart-safe, provide Java code checking for the existence of
files and insert Marker files accordingly.

-W