[rules-users] How to Compute against WorkingMemory in Drools ?

vr veneet at aol.in
Fri Apr 26 09:19:47 EDT 2013

Actually that a quick sample to make my point and also  you're correct i have
just kept a ArrayList inside the Alert POJO as I said I am completly new to
Drools and RE and am still working on fragments...  those functions are just
sample placeholders

So assuming I got *Batch 1* and the *$list*  has the alerts received in
Batch 1

When I get *Batch 2*,  15seconds later I want to be able to compare the
alerts received in Batch 2 against the one's in Batch 1 that was already
processed by the Rule engine.

So that i can draw up the correlation for the fresh alerts with the old ones
and this is going to happen  till a stipulated timeout say 1-2 hours which
gives me a lot of interim batches received.

the Correlation has to be recursive so that i can make the Alerts compact
and deliever them to downstream systems after the 1-2 hour interval elapses.

hence i am looking out for how to retain the collections in RE be it
WorkingMemory or some other area.

Hope I am able to clarify my scenario a bit better.

-----
Thanks for the support ...!!!
VR