[rules-users] threw error java.lang.ClassCastException: org.drools.reteoo.FromNode$FromMemory cannot be cast to org.drools.reteoo.BetaMemory

mohdejaz74 mohdejaz74 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 21:01:29 EDT 2013

Sure I will provide the stack traces ...

My immediate concern is how to avoid the corruption - I've synchronized all
updates to KB using synchronized(lock) ... where lock is final Object().

In this particular instance the number of rules are very less - maybe just
20+

I've noticed that when I don't add/remove rules ... ie. use Drools in read
only mode; it works great!

Should I avoid updates completely? Or should I batch the updates?

Right now the only solution I have is to bounce the application when I hit
this exception ... that's very helpful to explain to business.

Regards
Ejaz