[rules-users] got error "unterminated string literal" only with mvel dialect

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 04:00:07 EST 2013

Are you sure that you use the mvel jar that comes with these versions?
I can't reproduce this particular error using similar (if not exactly
identical) calls.

However, the MVEL parser has been exhibiting a number of weird bugs,
and I wouldn't be surprised if some particular arrangement of tokens
(down to line breaks!) confuses it.

FWIW, the simple DRL given below crashes MVEL (using 5.[45].0-Final).

Cheers
-W

dialect "mvel"
function String combine( String x, String y ){
    return x + y;
}
rule findinlist
when
    $l1: List()
    $l2: List( this contains $l1 )
then
   System.out.println( $l2 + combine( " contains ", $l1.toString() ) );
end