[rules-users] [Optaplanner] Filter values

Mats Norén mats.noren at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 12:11:20 EST 2013

Hi,
I've got a domain with the following entities:
- Person (planning entity)
- Desk (planning variable)
- DeskAssignment (solution)

All persons should be assigned to a desk according to some rules.
What I would like to do is to make certain Persons and their Desk
immovable, ie, they are assigned a desk in the initial solution and should
be fixed there. They are only there for the score calculation.

I looked at 14.3.1 Immovable planning entities but couldn't really see how
I would apply it to my use case.
Why is the filter applied at the planning entity level? Since it's the
planning variable that changes I thought that I should somehow filter the
allowed values for the Desk.

Regards,
Mats