[rules-users] separating .drl declare type from actual .drl rule into each own file

wtang wtang at kana.com
Wed Dec 18 19:40:52 EST 2013

I have a .drl rule file with many declare in it to define my own types.  I
compile this file every time.  I want to separate the declare types out of
its own file since the types don't change and just leave the rules in the
original .drl file.

I create my own declares.drl and pulled all the declare from the rule.drl
file and inside the rule.drl file I just did import.  While my declares.drl
file compile with no errors, I am getting types not resolve error from my
.drl file event thought I have the import.

Does drool support the separation of types into its own file and rule file
just refer to those declared types?