[rules-users] Driving License application

Mauricio Salatino salaboy at gmail.com
Tue Dec 24 04:11:01 EST 2013

Can you share with us the Applicant class?
because if you have something like: boolean valid; it will be automatically
initialized to false, so the rule will not do anything just leave the
Applicant as it is

On Tue, Dec 24, 2013 at 10:05 AM, seyfullah <seyfullahtikic at outlook.com>wrote:

> Hello,
> I am trying to implement Driving License example application in Drools
> Documentation Versio 6.0.0.0 Final.
> My main method is as below.
>                 KieServices kieServices = KieServices.Factory.get();
>                 KieContainer kContainer =
> kieServices.getKieClasspathContainer();
>                 StatelessKieSession kSession =
> kContainer.newStatelessKieSession();
>                 Applicant applicant = new Applicant("Mr John Smith", 16);
>
>                 assertTrue( applicant.isValid() );
>                 kSession.execute( applicant ) ;
>                 assertFalse ( applicant.isValid() );
>
> My licenseApplication.drl file is as below:
> package MyPackage
>
> import MyPackage.Applicant;
>
> rule "Is of valid age"
> when
>         $a : Applicant( age < 18 )
>
> then
>         $a.setValid ( false );
> end
>
> Thanks to assertTrue and asserFalse methods, its output is
> It is false as not expected
> It is false as expected
>
> Bu when I change age parameter from 16 to 22 its output is same again. I
> expected that it is true.
>
> I think there is something wrong.
> Do you have any idea about this problem?
>
> Regards

 - MyJourney @ http://salaboy.com <http://salaboy.wordpress.com>
 - Co-Founder @ http://www.jbug.com.ar

 - Salatino "Salaboy" Mauricio -