[rules-users] Location of ScoreCard Spreadsheet File?

Steven Núñez steven.nunez at illation.com
Thu Jan 10 17:16:07 EST 2013

Thanks for the background. Agreed with your approach, however I think that being able to go from PMML->{Guvnor,spreadsheet} should also be a target feature. Although direct PMML->DRL is useful for deployment, it's rare that customers will deploy a model without at least having a human take a look. As well they can run tests within Guvnor or a spreadsheet to see if their assumptions about the model are accurate by testing with historical data (coming more from the operational side of things).

In the present situation, spreadsheets are already in use, so we can gently nudge them toward a direct deployment of PMML by using spreadsheets to raise the comfort level. So, while taking the long way 'round, what we need to do here is something like SAS Model -> Spreadsheet -> PMML -> DRL. I need to specify a spreadsheet format that we can then get SAS to output. Once everyone realises and is comfortable with this, we can point out that SAS can deliver the model in PMML for a direct import.

I briefly saw a message from Michael pointing out the location of a spreadsheet that I'll investigate this morning. What would be very useful at this stage is a document describing how the XLS -> PMML spreadsheet is specified, i.e. what specific, repeatable format can I produce to start the processing pipeline to deploy scorecards in the engine.

Regards,
	- Steve