[rules-users] Problem with Guvnor using Rest API

Demian Calcaprina calcacuervo at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 15:42:14 EDT 2013

Hey Guys.

I am using guvnor 5.5.0.Final.

I am accesing to from another app using the REST API. I am currently having
a problem. I create a new package, sending a post to guvnor/rest/packages/,
sending it an xml version of PackageMetadata. Then, I create assets (drl
files), by sending a post to guvnor/rest/packages/" + packageName +
"/asset, with the drl contents. This works fine. The problem in with
package building. I read somewhere that it is automatically built when you
create a new asset or update one. But just after creating the package, I go
to the package url, the one I configure in the changeset,
localhost:8080/guvnor/org.drools.guvnor.Guvnor/package/mypackage/LATEST,
and I get a NPE,

java.lang.NullPointerException
	java.io.OutputStream.write(OutputStream.java:75)
	org.drools.guvnor.server.files.FileManagerService.loadBinaryPackage(FileManagerService.java:201)
	org.drools.guvnor.server.files.FileManagerService$Proxy$_$$_WeldClientProxy.loadBinaryPackage(FileManagerService$Proxy$_$$_WeldClientProxy.java)
	org.drools.guvnor.server.files.PackageDeploymentServlet$1.execute(PackageDeploymentServlet.java:260)
	org.drools.guvnor.server.files.RepositoryServlet.doAuthorizedAction(RepositoryServlet.java:59)
	org.drools.guvnor.server.files.PackageDeploymentServlet.doGet(PackageDeploymentServlet.java:139)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:742)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:847)
	org.jboss.weld.servlet.ConversationPropagationFilter.doFilter(ConversationPropagationFilter.java:62)
	org.jboss.solder.servlet.exception.CatchExceptionFilter.doFilter(CatchExceptionFilter.java:65)
	org.jboss.solder.servlet.event.ServletEventBridgeFilter.doFilter(ServletEventBridgeFilter.java:74)

If I  build the package manually, I am able to get the PKG there. I am
making something wrong? Is there a way to make it build the package
from REST?

Thanks!

Demian