[rules-users] Error when I try to open technical rule asset in Guvnor

Lance lance.leverich at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 15:57:06 EDT 2013

Some background...

Using Drools v5.3.5.Final and Guvnor v5.3.5.Final
Created numerous packages, some of which contain assets that were promoted
to "global"
Some of the assets in "global" were placed there at the outset
Assets that were placed in "global" at the outset are jar files for domain
models used across multiple packages
Assets that were promoted to "global" are functions that it turned out were
needed in multiple packages
The problem...

For a subset of packages, any attempt to open a 'technical rule asset' in
the Guvnor web interface results in the following pop-up error dialogs:
/Unable to get content assistance for this rule./
*AND*
/Unable to validate package configuration (eg, DSLs, models) for
'shipment.document.validation'.
          Suggestion completions may not operate correctly for graphical
editors for this package./
Other possible information of interest, with regards to the packages that
have the problem...
Using JBoss Dev Studio, and its web-dav based interface, I can open the DRL
files and they appear to be okay
If I click on the link to download the source for the package, the resultant
package file appears to contain everything as expected
I am able to validate and compile the package, without error, from within
Guvnor
It should be noted that out of the nine packages I have defined, so far,
only two of the packages exhibit this problem. In all of the other packages,
I am able to manipulate technical rules via the Guvnor web-app.
Summary...
The primary problem is that I cannot use the rule editor within the Guvnor
web-app to manipulate the rules. On the one hand, I'm not too concerned as
JBDS seems to provide an adequate workaround. However, not being able to
open the rules within the Guvnor application does seem to be a bit of a
nuisance.