[rules-users] OptaPlanner: score corruption when using insertLogical with custom objects

pvandenbrink pieter.van.den.brink at topicus.nl
Wed Jul 17 11:26:44 EDT 2013

ge0ffrey wrote
> On 17-07-13 13:02, pvandenbrink wrote:
>> ge0ffrey wrote
>>> The 7 one probably got inserted with it didn't reach to 5 yet. That was
>>> a good logicalInsertion.
>>> The issue is, why didn't it get retracted when a move made changes so it
>>> did reach to 5?
>> I've added a printline in the rules xml file before the insertLogical. At
>> one point shortly before the corruption occurs the following two lines
>> appear immediately one after another:
>>
>> inserting FamilyStart for Family 11 at tijdslot Timeslot 5
>> inserting FamilyStart for Family 11 at tijdslot Timeslot 7
>>
>> This seems strange, it's as if they're inserted almost at the same time.
> Did you enable logging in OptaPlanner? See docs on logging. Use trace
> logging and it will output a line for every move it tries. That will
> prove or disprove that those 2 println's are happening as a result of
> the same move. (I presume they won't).

I was using debug level tracing, changed it to trace.
The above two printlines appear after the last accepted move, before the
exception is thrown:
17-07-13 17:13:51 TRACE - DefaultDecider                 -         Move
index (118), score (0hard/-121soft), accepted (true) for move (Conversation
4: Family 4, Student 4, Teacher 1, Timeslot 2(Day 1) => Timeslot 14).

I'll look into creating a reproducer for a jira issue.