[rules-users] Questions On Rule Flow

josh josh_up_life at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 30 12:07:05 EDT 2013

I am from WODM background and have a question on rule flow
1). Why do I need to add all the rules or decision tables to the
KnowledgeBuilder object? I have created rule flow with multiple task (rule
task # 1 for myRule1.drl, rule task # 2 for myTable.xls). Shouldn’t it take
all the elements from the rule task automatically that has been added to the
rule flow like WODM does?

KnowledgeBuilder builder = KnowledgeBuilderFactory.newKnowledgeBuilder();
DecisionTableConfiguration config =
KnowledgeBuilderFactory.newDecisionTableConfiguration();
config.setInputType(DecisionTableInputType.XLS);
kbuilder.add(ResourceFactory.newClassPathResource("myRule1.drl",myClas.class),
ResourceType.DRL);
kbuilder.add(ResourceFactory.newClassPathResource("myTable.xls"),ResourceType.DTABLE,
config);
kbuilder.add(ResourceFactory.newClassPathResource("myRuleFlow.rf",myClas.class),
ResourceType.DRF);

2). Why do I need to give ‘RuleFlowGroup” in my decision table. If I am
executing table it should execute all the rows based on their condition?
What is the usage of RuleFlowGroup?

3). What is the benefit of using reusable Subtask within rule flow?
Thanks in Advance