[rules-users] decision and prediction based on the same set of rules

Stephen Masters stephen.masters at me.com
Tue Jul 30 17:36:24 EDT 2013

Something to consider, which I have used for some rules is that instead of those rules making a 'decision' they can insert a restriction fact.

You can then create technical rules, which match on those restriction facts.

Also, it's very simple to write code to look at the facts in the working memory, so you can establish what date range a restriction applies to. Much easier than examining the LHS of rules.

Steve