[rules-users] Scheduling Application and Optaplanner

marchias marchias at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 31 10:36:42 EDT 2013

Just started researching OptaPlanner. Loaded examples in Eclipse and got them
running. I'm interested in extending the Nurse rostering example to work
with a scheduling application I have written. I have some interesting
constraints though that wanted to reach out to the community with to make
sure they can be accomodated. My scheduling app has a hierachical entity
setup with Organizations and child locations. An employee can be configured
to work at multiple locations and are also assigned a "Primary" location
which means they should be picked up on shifts at that location before an
employee that does not have that location as primary. Also I have a priority
group or ranking (1-10) which would be considered in sorting employees as
well. Shifts are location, date/time and skill specific with a configured
amount of resources needed.

Shift Examples

Location 1 = 2 nurses, (Monday Wednesay Friday), 7AM - 11PM
Location 1 = 1 nurse, (Sunday,Tuesday,Thursday,Saturday), 7AM - 11PM

Constraints for an employee

Max Hours/Week:	0.00
Min Hours/Week:	0.00
Max Hours/Day:	0.00
Min Hours/Day:	0.00
Max Days/Week:	0.00
Max Consecutive Days:	0.00
Max Shifts/Day:	0.00
Max Shifts/Month:	2.00
Max Weekend Shifts/Month	0.00
Max Consecutive Shifts of Duration	0.00 consecutive 0.00 hr shifts