[rules-users] Setting a value in LHS

stephen.masters stephen.masters at me.com
Mon Jun 3 12:40:40 EDT 2013

Hi folks,

Is there a decent way to set a value in the LHS of a rule so that it's available in the RHS?

Reason being I have a DSL driving the guided rules editor which will pluck out the value of a field, where the name of that field is driven by a drop down menu enumeration.

A change I now have would be a lot easier if I could assign a string to a variable in the LHS, which could be read by the RHS. Otherwise I might need to extend the RHS DSLs to include the same enumeration as the LHS. Which looks a bit redundant for a business user wondering why the need to write the same thing twice.

Any thoughts?

Steve

Sent from Samsung Mobile