[rules-users] How to set drools.dialect.mvel.strict = false?

jeetendray jeetcyb at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 17:30:04 EDT 2013

Hi,

Snippet of my DRL .

rule "Rev: Start Time < 2 Hours in Future"
	when
		$obj : eval(compareDatesWithTime(startDateTime, -2, 2, "<"))
	then
		$obj.addFailedRule("Rev: Start Time < 2 Hours in Future");
end

This fails during compilation and throws error:

org.drools.rule.InvalidRulePackage: Unable to Analyse Expression
(eval(compareDatesWithTime(startDateTime, -2, 2, "<"))  ):
[Error: unable to resolve method using strict-mode: myObject.eval(boolean)]
[Near : {... (eval(compareDatesWithTime(star ....}]
             ^
[Line: 6, Column: 2] : [Rule name='Proposal - Start time is after current +
2 hour']

I am using Drools 5.5 and I found the cause that my code runs in strict
mode.. so If I set strict mode to false then this would work. Now I am not
sure how to make it to false.

Here's the code I am using:

PackageBuilderConfiguration packageBuilderConfiguration = new
PackageBuilderConfiguration();
PackageBuilder packageBuilder = new
PackageBuilder(packageBuilderConfiguration);
packageBuilder.addPackageFromDrl(drl.getCharacterStream());

Can someone please suggest me how to do that??

Thanks!!!