[rules-users] [drools-planner] please advice on IntConstraintOccurrence weight

Michiel Vermandel mvermand at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 6 04:22:00 EDT 2013

Hi,

(using drools-planner 5.5.0.Final)

I'm struggling with assigning weights to IntConstraintOccurrence in a rule's LHS.
If I assign different weights for different rules (because we think one rule is more important than an other) our end result is far worse than when we assign all equal weights.
I do not look at the total value of hard and soft score but at the number of violations.
I can imagine that the planner can evolve much easier to a better solution with all weights being the same because if not then "transient" moves will be made impossible to take.

But how should we then implement importance in rules?

Thanks