[rules-users] Guvnor gives HTTP Status 404 for /moduleService

dunnlow dunnlow at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 17 19:35:53 EDT 2013

I am trying to deploy Guvnor 5.5 in tomcat 7.  Version 5.4. installs and runs
fine.  However, when I run version 5.5 Final I get a 404 error:  "HTTP
Status 404 - /guvnor/org.drools.guvnor.Guvnor/moduleService"

So, a few questions.  First, what is the moduleService?  I see the class
(http://grepcode.com/file/repo1.maven.org/maven2/org.drools/guvnor-webapp-core/5.5.0.Final/org/drools/guvnor/client/rpc/ModuleService.java)
but I really don't understand what it's doing.  Also, why am I just now
getting the error?  I have debug logging turned on, but see no errors in my
debug log file or in the guvnor event log (so I figure this is a
javascript/gwt issue?)

Note, I am deploying the app in /guvnor vs. /drools-guvnor but didn't see
any relevant configuration.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks for any insight,
-J