[rules-users] Moving rules from DB to a rules engine

mohan.radhakrishnan at polarisft.com mohan.radhakrishnan at polarisft.com
Wed Jun 19 05:40:13 EDT 2013

Hi,

                This is my first post. We have a facility in our Java web
application to upload SQL queries to the Oracle DB. These queries are not
controlled or audited. There are queries the are several pages long.  Some
of  these queries are configured to fire one after the other to approve our
workflow. When our workflow fires these query rules create an enormous load
on the system.

My concern at this time is that we are using the DB as a primitive and
uncontrolled rules engine. I am interested in using a proper rules engine.
What should my approach be ? Can I look at case studies or just Drools
documentation ?

Thanks.

This e-Mail may contain proprietary and confidential information and is sent for the intended recipient(s) only.  If by an addressing or transmission error this mail has been misdirected to you, you are requested to delete this mail immediately. You are also hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message, contents or its attachment other than by its intended recipient/s is strictly prohibited.

Visit us at http://www.polarisFT.com