[rules-users] property change listeners aren't working as described in the Expert Doc

abasile alex.basile at interactivedata.com
Thu Jun 20 14:30:57 EDT 2013

2 things aren't working as expected:

1.) Slot Selection - Rules listening for different properties on the object
are being fired
ie:) Object obj has 3 properties a, b, and c. Rule 1 modifies obj.a triggers
Rule 2 which is listening for obj.b (different property on the same object)
Can you please refer me to a working example?

2.) Refraction - rules are looping
Rule that listens for a property on an object also changes that property is
being fired indefinitely
ie:) Rule 1 - when obj.a Then modify (obj.a)
My understanding is that the rule shouldn't fire again unless the fact
(object's property) is modified. Maybe my assumption is wrong and the fact
refers to the object and not a property of the object. In that case, what's
the recommended solution?

Thanks alot.