[rules-users] Cron Rule doesn't work

Andy reliable.android at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 17:26:32 EDT 2013

Thanks for your responses. Works for me now, with below modifications.

I was expecting the agent to pick up the latest drl file using path in
changeset.

*Before - Didn't work*
    ...(initialized kagent using changeset...no timer rules)
                kbase = kagent.getKnowledgeBase();
                ksession = kbase.newStatefulKnowledgeSession();
                ksession.fireAllRules();
    ...(Add new timer rule in changeset directory)
                ksession.fireAllRules();

*After - Works*
    ...(initialized kagent using changeset...no timer rules)
                kbase = kagent.getKnowledgeBase();
    ...(Add new timer rule in changeset directory)
                ksession = kbase.newStatefulKnowledgeSession();
                ksession.fireAllRules();

My expectation was the session to pick the new rule based on
"drools.resource.scanner.interval", which I now believe is wrong. Only the
knowledgebase i.e. in the above example kbase.newStatefulKnowledgeSession()
will have the new rule and not the earlier(before adding new rule) sessions.