[rules-users] Potential memory leak in package analysis tool in Guvnor 5.3

Chris Selwyn chris at selwyn-family.me.uk
Tue Mar 5 05:17:20 EST 2013

I have recently been looking at upgrading our installation from 5.1 to 5.3 (latest supported by RedHat).

As part of this I noticed the Package Analysis tool so I started experimenting with it.
All that happens is that I get an exceptio message in the JBoss AS server.log file and an apparent memory leak.
The exception relates to a SerializationException thrown by VerificationService.analysePackage and contains many (many) Verifier Errors saying

<quote>
[ERR 107] Line 2:0 mismatched input 'when' expecting one of the following tokens: '[package, import, global, declare, function, rule, query]'.
</quote>

Using jvisualvm, I can see that the memory usage takes a step jump each time I use the analysis tool and eventually (actually after only 2 usages) I get OutOfMemoryErrors.

The package compiles just fine.

Is there a known problem with the analysis tool?

Chris Selwyn