[rules-users] UnsupportedOperationException intermitently

erolagnab trung.n.k at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 04:55:55 EST 2013

I can't post exact rule sheet here and only anonymized and simplified version
of it

package com.mycompany;
import com.mycompany.model.TAD;
import com.mycompany.model.IED;

rule "r_19"
	no-loop true
	salience 1999
	activation-group "Update1"
	when
		tad:TAD(bg=="blank", ref != "update" && ref != "no update" && ref !=
"updated")
		data:IED(tt matches ".*")
	then
		tad.setRef("no update");update(tad);
end

rule "r_21"
	no-loop true
	salience 900
	activation-group "Update2"
	when
		tad:TAD(bg=="blank", ref in ("update","no update"))
	then
		tad.setRef("updated");update(tad);
end

The issue is we have this error "intermittently", especially after the rule
engine is built incrementally due another rule set changed.

Could you please tell me how do i find similar issues in the JBOSSRULES? I
could probably look at and see if there's any relation to this.

Many thanks,

Trung