[rules-users] Working on the complete solution set on Drools Planner

lbrito lfbrito at netcabo.pt
Fri Mar 8 02:22:49 EST 2013

Hi,

I am thinking about using Drools Planner for an internal project related to
order scheduling. It would in essence be a jobshop where we have 3 main
machines which are always followed on the same specific order (and we have
release dates for each task).

I thought about a solution that would shuffle the job sequences on each
machine looking for the best combination. However, the problem is that when
applying the rules on the drl to the score calculation I would need to
"pre-process" the solution in order to determine start-dates and end-dates
for all tasks/jobs.
Is there a way to access the complete solution from the drl, mash-up the
information and use it in the score calculation?

Kind Regards,
Luis