[rules-users] API for reading and writing rules

kurrent93 kurrent93 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 10:20:41 EDT 2013

We will be storing the rules in guvnor - and will read/write to guvnor
using the REST api.

We would like to be able to read the rules into our domain model, without
having to write a complex parser.

In order to make a custom rule editor we need to be able to populate the UI
with rule settings and values. If we use guvnor as an example - writing a
rule for the first time is easy - its a clean slate. To modify the rule,
the user would expect that the UI elements are populated as the same as
their last edit.

We are trying to solve this same problem. How to read the rules from
guvnor, and then populate our domain model, so we can present our rule
editor with values that match that of the rule.

Br
Anton