[rules-users] Using XMLGregorianCalendar for @timestamp metadata

ScalaEnthusiast carvel.baus at gmail.com
Thu May 2 14:27:48 EDT 2013

I have an object that comes into a stream as an event and I want to use
@timestamp to specify the event time from the object.

Then field that has this information is an XMLGregorianCalendar called
timeStamp. If I specify this attribute with @timestamp(timeStamp) I get and
error saying that conversion to long from the XMLGregorianCalendarImpl is
not supported. Ok, I get that.

now, I can get a java Date by calling the following method chain on the
timeStamp object:

timeStamp.toGregorianCalendar().getCalendarDate()

specifying this in the @timestamp does not validate, presumably because
@timestamp is looking for an attribute  (or chain of attributes) and not a
chain of method calls.

Is there anyway to specify a timestamp in the rule using an
XMLGregorianCalendar?