[rules-users] Drools 5.5 run time exception from the library code but no impact to the rule evaluation result

Davide Sottara dsotty at gmail.com
Sat May 4 13:28:37 EDT 2013

I can't say in general, it would depend on the expression.
I suspect this is a case where you have something like.
a == x || b == y
At some point MVEL "kicks in" and tries to optimize the expression,
but will fail if b ==y has never been evaluated because a == x
has always been satisfied by your current data.
In any case, I doubt the gain would be noticeable.
I think there was a similar discussion in one of the threads some week ago,
but I'm not sure whether it was here or on IRC :)
Davide