[rules-users] Drools Accumulate function

lyally stephen.lyall at serco.com
Wed May 8 04:33:11 EDT 2013

Hi,

I am new to Drools so please excuse me if this is a simple question.

I currently have several rules that look as follows  (one for each entry
point):

The intention of these rules is to average the speed, occupancy and flow of
traffic at a particular road location over a 30 second sliding window. The
rule works fine as it is, however it is not very scalable since I currently
need a similiar rule and associated input stream for each road location that
I am monitoring. There may be 100s of these.

What I was really after was one rule that would perform the same averaging
calculations over the 30 second window. My first thoughts were that I would
need to lose the individuall input streams per location and thereby place
all of the TrafficData facts from all locations into working memory. But
then I was unsure how I would change the rule to group relevant TrafficData
instances by their location (Note that the TrafficData instance has a
location identifier within it) together before doing the averaging.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Steve