[rules-users] Agenda-group in fact insert time

Sonata plz.write.to at gmail.com
Thu May 9 09:47:44 EDT 2013

Hi, I just noticed that even I have different agenda-groups, all groups are
evaluated during fact inset time.

In an extreme case, if I have 1000 rules in agenda-group "A", and 1 rule in
agenda-group "B"
even though I just want to fire the 1 rule in agenda-group "B" by adding
AgendaFilter in fireAllRules()
all those 1000 rules in agenda-group "A" will be evaluated (i.e. methods in
the "when" part are being called)
even worst if I have complex logic in the "when" part for these 1000 rules,
e.g. accumulate/from, not to mention eval

Isn't that quite a performance impact? And forcing people to put their
logic/checking/matching in the "then" part?

How would you justify this? Or is there something I've missed that you can
actually evaluate the rule in agenda-group "B" ONLY, when fact is being
inserted?

Thank you