[rules-users] Agenda-group in fact insert time

Sonata plz.write.to at gmail.com
Sat May 11 11:23:47 EDT 2013

After a few testing, it seems that this "rule extends rule" feature is not
exactly what I want.

Say rule "B" extends "A"

rule "A" will be evaluated. This is OK.

when it comes to rule "B", first, conditions in rule "A" will be evaluated
again, then the conditions in rule "B" will be evaluated.

That is not what I expected in this feature. May be it is only half baked?

I would love to see this feature to be enchanted. Like if rule "B" extends
"A", rule "C" extends "A"
then once rule "A" is evaluated, the result (to be executed or not) should
be used when evaluating rule "B" and rule "C".

If rule "A" does not match the conditions, none of rule "B" nor rule "C"
should be evaluated again.

If rule "A" matches the conditions, when it comes to rule "B" or rule "C",
those conditions in rule "A" should not be evaluated again.

Otherwise it is just like I repeated the conditions of rule "A" in rule "B"
and rule "C" again. The only saving from this feature is in the code by
typing less.