[rules-users] Optaplanner - Multiday / Periodic Vehicle Routing Problems

Raoul Cousins raoul.cousins at gmail.com
Tue May 14 21:35:59 EDT 2013

I am interested in solving periodic vehicle routing problems and other
multi-day (but static and deterministic) vehicle routing variants.

These are similar to standard VRP except that not every customer is visited
each day. In some variants, the days to visit each node are chosen from
some predefined schedules; in others, each node has to be visited a
specific number of times over the course of several days.

Would Optaplanner be a good choice to model such problems? I know it's not
a very well-defined question, but I'm wondering if there would be any
serious difficulties modeling this type of problem before I dive into the
programming.

Thank you!