[rules-users] Erro : JAAS Authentication with Guvnor 5.5.0 and Authorization Error

Zahid Ahmed zahid.ahmed at emirates.com
Wed May 15 04:25:23 EDT 2013

Hi,

I have run into a set of errors configuring JAAS Authentication for Guvnor. I have searched a lot on jboss community and for all the solutions nothing is working for me. I am getting either the login popup or I am getting "This User has no permissions setup". The Guvnor Manual is referring to jboss eap 5 and I am trying to do this on Jboss AS 7.1.

Note : I am unable to find login-config.xml file mentioned in the following link. http://docs.jboss.org/drools/release/5.5.0.Final/drools-guvnor-docs/html/ch14.html . Is guvnor deployment targeted only for JBOSS EAP 5.0 ?

Environment:

1.       Guvnor 5.5.0.Final

2.       JBOSS AS 7.1.0

Files Configured (Only these files I configured):

1.       Standalone.xml

2.       Guvnor.war/WEB-INF/beans.xml

3.       Created users using "add-user.sh"

4.       standalone/configuration/application-users.properties (attached).

5.       standalone/configuration/application-roles.properties (attached)

6.       standalone/configuration/management-users.properties

Configurations

Standalone.xml :
Only configured below tags. There's nothing else I changed for the purpose of JAAS Authentication and Guvnor Authorization. Added <security-domain name="drools-guvnor" cache-type="default"> to check if "other" is not working.

                <security-domain name="other" cache-type="default">
                    <authentication>
                        <login-module code="Remoting" flag="optional">
                            <module-option name="password-stacking" value="useFirstPass"/>
                        </login-module>
                        <login-module code="RealmUsersRoles" flag="required">
                            <module-option name="usersProperties" value="${jboss.server.config.dir}/application-users.properties"/>
                            <module-option name="rolesProperties" value="${jboss.server.config.dir}/application-roles.properties"/>
                            <module-option name="realm" value="ApplicationRealm"/>
                            <module-option name="password-stacking" value="useFirstPass"/>
                        </login-module>
                    </authentication>
                </security-domain>
                <security-domain name="drools-guvnor" cache-type="default">
                    <authentication>
                        <login-module code="org.jboss.security.auth.spi.UsersRolesLoginModule" flag="required">
                            <module-option name="usersProperties" value="${jboss.server.config.dir}/application-users.properties"/>
                            <module-option name="rolesProperties" value="${jboss.server.config.dir}/application-roles.properties"/>
                            <module-option name="realm" value="ApplicationRealm"/>
                            <module-option name="password-stacking" value="useFirstPass"/>
                        </login-module>
                    </authentication>
                </security-domain>

Drools-guvnor.war.

1.       beans.xml (Tried 4 different configs as suggested on community)

a.      Config 1 (Attached "Config1 beans.xml" and Config1 error.txt) . Error "This User has no permission setup".
  <security:IdentityImpl>
    <s:modifies/>
    <!-- JAAS based authentication -->
    <security:authenticatorName>jaasAuthenticator</security:authenticatorName>
  </security:IdentityImpl>

  <security:jaas.JaasAuthenticator>
    <s:modifies/>
    <jaasConfigName>other</jaasConfigName>
  </security:jaas.JaasAuthenticator>

  <!-- SECURITY AUTHORIZATION CONFIGURATION -->
  <!--
      This is used to enable or disable role-based authorization. By default it is disabled.
  -->

  <guvnorSecurity:RoleBasedPermissionResolver>
    <s:modifies/>
    <guvnorSecurity:enableRoleBasedAuthorization>true</guvnorSecurity:enableRoleBasedAuthorization>
  </guvnorSecurity:RoleBasedPermissionResolver>

b.      Config 2 (Attached "Config2 beans.xml" and Config2 error.txt). Error  "This User has no permission setup".

  <security:IdentityImpl>
    <s:modifies/>
    <!-- JAAS based authentication -->
    <security:authenticatorName>jaasAuthenticator</security:authenticatorName>
  </security:IdentityImpl>

  <security:jaas.JaasAuthenticator>
    <s:modifies/>

<security:jaasConfigName>drools-guvnor</security:jaasConfigName>
  </security:jaas.JaasAuthenticator>

  <!-- SECURITY AUTHORIZATION CONFIGURATION -->
  <!--
      This is used to enable or disable role-based authorization. By default it is disabled.
  -->

  <guvnorSecurity:RoleBasedPermissionResolver>
    <s:modifies/>
    <guvnorSecurity:enableRoleBasedAuthorization>true</guvnorSecurity:enableRoleBasedAuthorization>
  </guvnorSecurity:RoleBasedPermissionResolver>

c.       Config 3 (Attached "Config3 beans.xml" and Config1 error.txt). Error (Same error as of Config 1) "This User has no permission setup".

  <security:IdentityImpl>
    <s:modifies/>
    <!-- JAAS based authentication -->
    <security:authenticatorName>jaasAuthenticator</security:authenticatorName>
  </security:IdentityImpl>

  <security:jaas.JaasAuthenticator>
    <s:modifies/>
    <jaasConfigName>other</jaasConfigName>
  </security:jaas.JaasAuthenticator>

<guvnorSecurity:RoleBasedPermissionResolver>
    <s:modifies/>
    <guvnorSecurity:enableRoleBasedAuthorization>true</guvnorSecurity:enableRoleBasedAuthorization>
  </guvnorSecurity:RoleBasedPermissionResolver>

<component name="org.jboss.seam.security.roleBasedPermissionResolver">

  <s:modifies/>

  <property name="enableRoleBasedAuthorization">true</property>

</component>

I HAVE ALSO ADDED THIS COMPONENT TAG found every where on forums to resolve this issue. I tried Tried without this also but at that time I get LOGIN screen which always says Incorrect User/Password.Is this required or   <guvnorSecurity:RoleBasedPermissionResolver> is the only authorization config.

<component name="org.jboss.seam.security.roleBasedPermissionResolver">;

  <s:modifies/>

  <property name="enableRoleBasedAuthorization">true</property>

</component>

Kindly help me in this configuration. I can't find a single authentic document for my environment.

Regards,
Zahid