[rules-users] Using Java Rule Engine JSR-94

Stephen Masters stephen.masters at me.com
Thu May 16 09:35:24 EDT 2013

Not as a result of switching the API.

The benefit of a 'standard' API is that different rules engines can be plugged in behind it.

However, if you decided to take advantage of this and switch to FICO Blaze Advisor, then you would have to throw away all of your DRL, everything you have in Guvnor and re-implement in their GUI.

Using JSR-94 would mean that your code to insert a fact into the working memory from your Java app, and fire rules could probably be re-used.

Not really worth it.

Which is probably one reason why nobody uses it and why nobody has maintained JSR-94 for the past 9 years.

Steve