[rules-users] Shadow fax

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Fri May 24 10:02:23 EDT 2013

On 24 May 2013, at 09:50, ronan.quintin <ronan.quintin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok i understand that the need to have proxies no longer exits due to new
> asymetric rete algorithm. I but i'm a little bit desapointed. It seem that
> when a fact is introduced into the working memory, all it's fields are
> evaluate.
That is not true.

Only the fields used are the ones evaluated. There is no pre-processing, they are only touched, when the constraint itself is evaluated.
> I guess i have to explain what is my problem. I have business objects which
> are directly used into the working memory. Theses BO are not entirely POJO,
> some of them perform SQL queries. We used interfaces to produced a POJO jar,
> which have been sent to knowledge base.
> Previously we used drools in version 3, but now we use version 5.4 and we
> notice a significant performance reduction.
> It seems that all fields of the BO are readed even if they aren't used.
This would not be a problem on the Drools side, something else must be forcing all field sot be read - if you are not writing constraints to read them.