[rules-users] Drools fusion logic

Elran Dvir elrand at checkpoint.com
Sun Nov 3 09:36:24 EST 2013

Hi all,

I am using Drools Fusion in stream mode.
Let's assume I have a very simple rule:

rule "Simple"

enabled true

dialect "java"

no-loop

when

    $myEvent : MyEvent()

then

   System.out.println($myEvent.toString());

end

1.       When will the rule be fired? If there is a "MyEvent" in working memory? Or only if a new "MyEvent" was inserted since last activation?

2.       Will the rule be activated for each compatible (as answered in q1) "MyEvent"? or for just one arbitrary "MyEvent"?

3.       What if my LHS was  "$myEvent : MyEvent() over window:time(60s)"? Were the answers for q2 and q3 different?

Thanks.