[rules-users] [drools-fusion] Detecting a Trend in Data

code4dc code4dc at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 12:21:23 EST 2013

Hey guys,

I am trying to come up with a way to get Drools to detect a trend in a
dataset. The data is very basic and looks something like this:
(each row represents an object in the WM)
Time          Value
10:00            1
11:00            2
12:00            3
01:00            1
02:00            3
04:00            4
05:00            5
06:00            3

I want to set up a rule that detects when there is an upward trend in the
value for 3(configurable) or more consecutive data points.

It's easy to set up a rule to detect when there is a two consecutive rows
and the 2nd one has a higher value. But how can I set up a rule to detect
when there are multiple consecutive rows each with a higher value than the
previous one?

Any ideas are welcome(even if they are not complete!).

Thanks