[rules-users] What is the difference/relationship between drools pipeline and drools server

scarlettxu xu_han_zi at 163.com
Tue Nov 5 06:28:50 EST 2013

when I come to find a service which can expose web service API to execute the
drools rules remotely.

I firstly find the drools-camel-server, while sometimes I see there is
module called drools-server, in order to find relationship between
drools-camel-server and drools-server, I google a lot. but I find another
module called drools-pipeline
http://kijanowski.eu/index.php?site=articles&article=drools_pipeline&lang=en

after reading, I find the concept is sth similar to drools-camel-server, I
read the drools-camel-server here
http://www.packtpub.com/article/drools-integration-modules-spring-framework-apache-camel

I can distinguish drools-server and drools-camel-server, drools-server
should be able to provide the remote execution function already, but camel
added the enterprise integration pattern, so now we mostly use the
drools-camel-server.

but what about drools-pipeline? is it the rudiment of drools-server? but I
see the pipeline concept should be the camel's.

Anyone can explain them a little would be much appreciated!