[rules-users] How to reduce transaction time

Stephen Masters stephen.masters at me.com
Tue Nov 5 08:52:38 EST 2013

See the lines:
	WorkingMemory workingMemory = ruleBase.newStatefulSession();
	StatefulKnowledgeSession ksession = kbase.newStatefulKnowledgeSession();

Everything before those lines should be running on application start-up. i.e. Stored in variables at the class level (as long as the class is not being disposed of after each request.

Everything from that point on should be running per request. i.e. The session can be a local variable in a request-handling method.

i.e. Your application may take a couple of extra seconds to start up while it loads and compiles the knowledge base. However client requests will get a session in a couple of milliseconds. Beyond that it’s just a question of how long your rules take to evaluate.

Steve