[rules-users] How to forsee mid way planning team changes

ns nick.snels at ocmwturnhout.be
Wed Nov 6 05:51:53 EST 2013

Hi,

I am working on a planning tool based on the nurse rostering example. I have
encountered a problem which I do not know how to solve correctly.

Our employees are divided into teams. But sometimes employees switch between
teams, to for example cover the illness or pregnancy of a colleague. Each
team has its own shifts.

So for example Optaplanner may propose a roster for a month. In the middle
of the month the employee changes team. I know this when I start the
planning. But how do I tell Optaplanner that in the middle of the month the
employee changes team and hence has different shifts?

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Nick