[rules-users] Creating selection filter for PlanningEntity with 4 planning variables

maciekpob maciekpob at poczta.onet.pl
Thu Nov 7 10:21:50 EST 2013

We are developing an application whose PlanningEntity has multiple planning
variables, in fact 4.  There are some moves that we do not want to select.
To ensure that the values proposed (moves) for the 4 different variables do
not break a constraint (between them).  We wanted to filter out inacceptable
move configurations instead of using the score function to check the
constraints.

We studied the MoveSelector and SelectorFilter APIs and we implemented a
ChangeMove SelectionFilter as an UnionMoveSelector of ChangeMoves of the
four variables.   The SelectionFilter is written to accept or refuse the
values (of the 4 variables) proposed.

However we encounter problems:

-          The same ChangeMove (with same values of the 4 variables)  are
proposed in consecutive moves and hence invocations of SelectionFilter

-          The SelectionFilter rejects the values since it breaks
constraints

Then the we get a warning : “Bailing out of neverEnding selector ({}) to
avoid infinite loop”.

Hence we have been unable to implement the SelectionFilter for our purposes.

Could you advise us?