[rules-users] Where to cache KnowledgeAgent

darrell.pittman darrell at darrellpittman.ca
Fri Nov 8 11:37:43 EST 2013

Hello,

I am new to Drools a starting a new Java EE 6 application that will use
drools.  We are not using Guvnor.  I am wondering what is the suggested way
of creating the knowledge agent and where to cache it.  EJB's shouldn't read
from the file system so I guess a Singleton EJB is out as far as loading the
knowledgebase goes.  Should I load knowledgebase in a ServletContextListener
and store it in the ServletContext and pass it into my EJB's?  What is the
recommend practice?