[rules-users] Drools Perm gen grows constantly

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Mon Nov 18 12:11:37 EST 2013

Are you saying the permgen is leaking? That you update the rules, and no perigean space is reclaimed?

There are some issues with the JVM, that I’ve seen before, which may be the problem. Such as the CMSClassUnloadingEnabled issue:
http://java.dzone.com/articles/busting-permgen-myths

I’d be interested to know if this is a pergmen leak, and if it continues on 6.x. If it does, maybe you could work with us to find out why it’s not being reclaimed?

Mark