[rules-users] Java Heap Space Out of Memory

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 04:59:32 EST 2013

On 19-11-13 07:23, newbie wrote:
> I am currently using optaplanner 6.0.0.CR5, I have about 11000 planning
> entity objects and about 1000 planning variable objects. Would that be the
> cause of this problem?
By default, OptaPlanner uses selectors with cacheType=JIT, which can
handle 50K entities with 5k values.
If you specifically specify cacheType=STEP|PHASE or use a custom
MoveListFactory, look into using JIT or MoveIteratorFactory instead.

If that's not the case, what score calculation are you using?
What's the stacktrace?

Use a tool like VisualVM to find out what is causing the problem. See
this comment:
   https://plus.google.com/+GeoffreyDeSmet/posts/fVAXfXXKB7n